Heading out to sunny California? Follow these 6 tips to make your Orange County Trade show a success!
Pack for the weather: Southern California can get hot, so make sure you pack for the weather, especially if you plan on taking your group on outdoor excursions or walking back and forth to your hotel outside.
- Giveaways: Giveaways and swag can make or break your booth presentation. Invest in branded items that are worth keeping, and whenever possible use your swag, giveaways, and contests to collect contact information from prospects for follow-up and future sales.
- Transportation: Options for transportation include busing provided by the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA), Los Angeles County Metro, Anaheim Resort Transit services (depending on which hotels or resorts you are utilizing), and air travel from the John Wayne, Long Beach Airports, and Los Angeles International Airports.
- Food: Dinner options, from gourmet to casual, are available at hotels near the Anaheim convention center and other major event hubs—but the meals are usually on the higher end of the price spectrum. If you’re preparing for long-hours on the trade show floor you may do well to stock some coolers with lunch packs, or plan on running further afield for more affordable options.
- Major Attractions: Need something to do outside the convention center? Anaheim hosts the Disneyland Resort including Disneyland, Disney California Adventure Park, and Downtown Disney. You may also want to visit the Angel Stadium, MUZEO, the Aquarium of the Pacific, or the Universal Studios experience.
- Booth Set-Up / Tear-Down: As with many parts of the country, a Union claims jurisdiction over all set-up and dismantling of exhibits including signs and laying of carpet. Exhibitors may install and/or dismantle an exhibit display if one person, who is a full time employee of the exhibiting firm, can accomplish the task in an hour or less without the use of tools. Otherwise, you must use union personnel supplied by either the general contractor, or your independent contractor of choice.
- Order a Finished Display: It’s hard to overstate the importance of using the right display to highlight your brand. ELDS, Inc. can provide finished Orange County trade show displays and booths, delivered on-time and set up to your specifications. We’ll take care of the logistics so you can focus on the real work of exhibiting.
Call us today at (626) 969-3399 to start your project!